This spring, with the sponsorship from the Kumtor Gold Company CJSC (KGC), the competition titled “Botanical Garden: from Origins to the Future” was announced among students of KR universities, which was dedicated to the 85th Anniversary of the Botanical Garden named after E. Gareev under KR Academy of Sciences. The competition was aimed at promoting the activities of the Botanical Garden as the country’s national treasure and leading scientific institution engaged in the selection, preservation, and enrichment of the global and local flora of Kyrgyzstan with a view to its sustainable use.
Assessment of the submissions was conducted by the specially established expert panel of the competition. Solemn award ceremony for the winners with the participation of the President of the KR Academy of Sciences Mr. Murat Djumataev and KGC representatives was held at the Nursery-Reserve of the Botanical Garden named after E. Gareev. A mini cinema was set up for the visitors and participants of the event, where videos submitted by students were played, and the alley was decorated by a photo gallery about the Botanical Garden.
Manager of the Kumtor Gold Company’s Sustainable Development Department Nurlan Omurov awarded winners of the competition with diplomas and certificates for prizes and thanked students for active involvement and demonstrated creativity.
– We congratulate all students who took part in this wonderful and interesting competition. Its popularity is obvious judging by the number of participants and wide coverage of the student community. I wish you to stay focused on your goals, believe in your power, develop your talents and never to back down on your dreams. May new achievements and successes await you in the future, – said Nurlan Omurov.
In the nomination titled “Best Video Presentation about the Botanical Garden”, the winners were:
– 1st degree diploma – Khantenir Abibillaev, student of the lyceum under the Kyrgyz Economy University named after M. Ryskulbekov (laptop). Link to the video on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYg4iRaeXL4;
– 2nd degree diploma – Nurgul Jumabekova, Manas Kyrgyz-Turkish University (phone);
– 3rd degree diploma – Nurperi Emilbekova and Samara Sharshenova, students of the Naryn State University named after S. Naamatov.
In the nomination “Best Educational Video about the Botanical Garden”, the winners were:
– 1st degree diploma – Sanjar Sharshenbekov, student of the Manas Kyrgyz-Turkish University (professional video camera)/ Link to the video on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeTIUVlaYP0;
– 2nd degree diploma – Amantai Shakirov and Janyl Umuralieva, students of the Manas Kyrgyz-Turkish University (phone);
– 3rd degree diploma – Ayana Myrzabekova, student of the Manas Kyrgyz-Turkish University (tablet).
In the nomination “Best Photoalbum about the Botanical Garden”, the winners were:
– 1st degree diploma – Jainagul Sanjarbekova, student of the Manas Kyrgyz-Turkish University (professional digital photo camera);
– 2nd degree diploma – Janyl Umuralieva, student of the Manas Kyrgyz-Turkish University (phone);
– 3rd degree diploma – Medina Bazarbaeva, student of the Manas Kyrgyz-Turkish University (tablet).
Administration of the Botanical Garden named after E. Gareev expressed extreme gratitude to Kumtor for the contribution into the development of environmental education and engaging youth in social creative arts. It was noted that thanks to the conducted competition, a set of visual materials was created (video films, ads and photo albums), which may help distribute bioecologocal knowledge and information about the significance of the Botanical Garden among the population.