Kumtor Gold Company recognizes the protection of the health and safety of its employees, contractors, the public and the environment as among the highest corporate priorities at all stages of our activities including exploration, operations and decommissioning.
Our committed goal is “ZERO HARM” and believe that no task is worth completing unless it can be done safely and that everyone goes home safe every day.
We strongly believe that a safe mine is a successful mine.
To further promote safety performance Kumtor Gold Company has introduced the Six Golden Rules of Safety.
1. Never break safety rules and standards
2. Wear appropriate PPE
3. Report all safety hazards and incidents
4. Be qualified and authorized to use tools and equipment
5. Never use defective equipment or disable safety devices
6. Be fit for work
Our Work Safe | Home Safe Safety Leadership program establishes and fosters a culture where individuals are responsible to take ownership of their personal safety and the safety of those working around them to ensure that everyone returns home safely after every shift.
Work Safe | Home Safe is an integral part of our 4 core Values:
We Win as a Team When:
• Everyone adds value. We respect everyone’s opinions
• Everyone has the right to work in a safe work place. We look out for the safety of everyone and always speak up to do what is right
• Everyone needs to feel they are empowered to do and say what is needed
• Everyone supports each other as the work environment continuously changes and adapts
As Responsible Miners We:
• Respect the environment, people, laws, cultures, and local communities in which we operate
• Engage our people in matters that affect their work and their health and safety
• Support local initiatives and work with local people to mitigate any impact our business operations could have on the communities where we operate
• Create an open environment for people to raise and discuss what they feel needs to be addressed or improved
• Are responsible for contractors and visitors at our work sites
In Delivering Results We:
• Give people responsibility, accountability and authority to achieve their goals and to do what they know is right
• Deliver Safe Production. We meet production goals in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
• Pursue growth and excellence
• Turn ideas into action – get it done
• Meet or exceed environmental regulatory standards and stewardship
Our Improvement Is Shown By:
• Believing the status quo is never good enough
• Everyone contributing to a dynamic and safe work environment
• Adopting best practices but continually challenging ourselves to improve our work environment
• Embracing changes and the opportunities they present
• Creating opportunities for development and on-going learning
Under the Work Safe Home Safe program the company fully supports the fundamental rights of every worker to:
• Being treated fairly and constituently when we apply our policies, rules and procedures;
• Know and be informed about the work being performed and the potential risks that are involved;
• Be trained for the work they do so they can have the confidence to perform the work safely;
• Refuse doing work that they believe is unsafe.
Kumtor Gold Company is an industry leader in safety performance and committed to continuing to improve the health and safety performance of the company because a safe mine is a successful mine.
Work Safe | Home Safe encourages everyone to:
•Recognize that they have the authority to be a safety leader;
•Actively use the tools we have in place to identify hazards and prevent incidents from occurring;
•Understand that everyone is accountable in preventing injuries with each and every job we do.
We are committed to achieving “ZERO HARM” and by working together we can ensure that every employee, contractor and other business partner return home safely after every shift.