Kumtor Gold Company CJSC
announces a vacant position of
Drill/Blast Engineer (Kumtor Mine)
Reference number: KGC-21-0145
- Determine the parameters of the designed blast blocks in a given area;
- Monitor drill/blast operations: blasthole charging and stemming, blast quality / fragmentation, and delivery of explosives;
- Draw up designs of drill/blast blocks and fill out drill/blast work description;
- Check blocks for the presence of glasses;
- Calculate the volume of blasted blocks for drilled and charged holes;
- Prepare the connection layouts for blasting blocks;
- Calculate the radius of the safe distance for people and equipment from the mass blast location;
- Update database daily ;
- Generate monthly report on drill bits utilization and explosives consumption;
- Timely develop and draw up the Drill/Blast weekly plan;
- Develop and implement measures to improve the quality of Drill/Blast operations and reduce costs;
- Analyze Drill/Blast results and modify standard operating procedures if needed;
- Check the schedule of a mass blast;
- Inspect and fill out a report on Drill/Blast performance report on a regular basis;
- Inspect and analyze broken material after blast;
- Drill/Blast Engineer shall be conversant in:
– laws and regulations governing the geological studies, development and conservation of mineral reserves, and environmental protection;
– safety rules for open pit mining;
– safety rules for blasting operations;
– current regulations and guidelines governing the conduct of drill and blast operations;
– safety requirements applying to drill and blast operations;
– principles, methods, and conditions of drill and blast operations;
– types and properties of explosives, rules of explosive utilization, transportation, storage, and stock-taking;
– misfire elimination guidelines;
– fundamentals of economics applied to drill and blast operations;
– resolutions, orders, guidelines and regulations by state agencies and other institutions;
– explosives and blasting accessories consumption standards in short-term and long-term perspective;
– labor legislation;
– fire protection rules;
– health & safety rules.
- Knowledge of local and global standards applying to drill and blast operations is an advantage;
- Workplace: Kyrgyz Republic, Issyk-Kul region, Kumtor mine;
- Official employment in accordance with the Labor Code of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Work on a rotational basis in high-altitude conditions.
The application form and resume must be submitted no later than 4 pm on September 12, 2021 by e-mail HR@kumtor.kg.
Application forms are available here.
ATTENTION! LETTERS WITH NO REFERENCE NUMBER KGC-21-0145 IN THE SUBJECT WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY THE MOST SUITABLE CANDIDATES WILL BE INVITED FOR AN INTERVIEW.