DEADLINE HAS EXPIRED
Kumtor Gold Company is seeking an experienced professional for the position of Vice President, Government Relations. The incumbent will perform an important role as a member of the management team.
The Vice President, Government Relations is responsible for all aspects of Government Relations and Corporate Communications. Primary areas of responsibility include:
• Liaise with Centerra Gold Inc in respect to overall strategy on Government Relations
• Represent the company in efforts to maintain positive relationships with government, in order to sustain a collaborative environment in which it is possible for the company to operate for the benefit of all stakeholders.
• As required act as point of liaison with external stakeholders on relevant matters
• Promote company image through initiatives to foster favourable publicity for its major role in the economy (contribution to State Budget, employment etc.) for its high standards and transparent practices in purchasing, employment and for the social responsibility programs and projects.
• Manage the Media Relations department to ensure high level of professionalism including news releases and the Company website.
• Liaise with peers regarding activities in Compliance and Community Development.
• Liaise with Extractive Industries Transparency Imitative (EITI)
This position requires a good knowledge and expertise in government & corporate relations, and an understanding of mining operations would be an advantage as would be experience working on major government development or social projects with multi-donor agencies.
The ideal candidate will likely possess a University degree, accompanied by minimum of 10 years of work experience, dealing with government at all levels. A key requirement is a track record of transparency, integrity and trust in previous roles. Strong interpersonal and management skills are important as a high level of persuasive, diplomatic interaction and representation of the company across a range of stakeholders is required. Knowledge of the broad political, social, legal and regulatory environment in the Kyrgyz Republic is essential.
In addition to official language capability, good English verbal and written skills are required. Travel within the Kyrgyz Republic and overseas will be required.
Please, submit CVs no later than 30th of October 2014, by e-mail: HR_Kumtor@kumtor.com
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We would kindly appreciate no phone calls from agents.