Kumtor Gold Company announces a temporary vacant position of
UNDERGROUND GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER (BISHKEK) Reference number: KS-19-08
- Conducting geotechnical monitoring of mining operations, drawing up a plan of geotechnical support of mining operations and geomechanical model of a mine – identification of domains, geological and lithological difference, basic geological structures and fracture systems.
- Control over the operation of monitoring systems and the regularity of measurements.
- Identification of geotechnical risks and the development of measures to prevent them.
- Maintain the underground mine geotechnical database and preparation of quarterly/annual company’s geotechnical service activities reports.
- Draw up perspective plans for geotechnical monitoring and geotechnical drillings.
- Participate in the selection of support and monitor its compliance with the design solutions.
- Study the results of monitoring, determine deviations from the norm.
- Higher education in Mining and at least 3 years of work experience as Mine Engineer or Underground Engineer Geotechnician.
- Proficient user of MS Office, AutoCAD, Surpac, Micromine, knowledge of special geotechnical program is preferable.
- Knowledge of open and underground mining operation technology; knowledge of the fundamentals of surveying measurements and skills in working with surveying instruments.
- Understanding of the main geomechanical processes when performing open and underground mining operations.
- Experience in working with specialized equipment (inclinometer and extensometer, piezometer, thermistor, thacheometer, GRP (ground-penetrating radar/scanner).
An application form and resume should be submitted no later than 16:00 on January 25, 2019 via e-mail: HR_Kumtor@kumtor.com or at 24 Ibraimov Street, Bishkek (Uchkun JSC Building, 10th floor) or to KGC regional offices (Karakol, Balykchy)
Application form may be downloaded here or obtained at the address specified above
Please specify the announcement number on your application: KS-19-08
ONLY THE MOST SUITABLE CANDIDATES WILL BE INVITED FOR AN INTERVIEW.