Kumtor Gold Company CJSC invites 3 and 4-year students on a competitive basis to practice in EXPLORATION department during summer 2019:
- Be 3 or 4-year student from a Kyrgyz Republic University (4-year students are considered at 5-year education);
- Know fundamentals of geology, mineralogy, stratigraphy, and tectonics;
- Have basic microscope skills;
- Be medically fit to work at high altitude mine;
- Proactive and motivated to learn new;
- Efficient and disciplined worker;
- Diligent worker with teamwork skills;
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and MapInfo;
- Knowledge of English will be a priority.
- Familiarize with geological work types and methods;
- Participate in geological traverse, describe observation points and collect samples;
- Compile geological map fragments of detailed areas, indicate mineralization zones and various elements;
- Document core of geological holes under supervision of a local geologist;
- Document surface mine workings – ditches, trenches, dozer cuttings and geochemical profiles on natural exposures;
- Collect geological materials and set of samples to prepare a report on the summer practice results.
- Paid practice in the international company
- Duration – 3 months
- Location – Kumtor Mine
- Rotation schedule – 14/14
To participate in the student selection, you are requested to:
- Fill out the application form, attach a copy of student status certificate from University. Application form is available here.
- Submit no later than 16.00 hrs on May 17, 2019 via e-mail HR_Kumtor@kumtor.com or to the address: 24 Ibraimov Street, Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic (Uchkun OJSC Building, 10th floor).
- If you wish to submit your application form via e-mail, please make sure to specify the reference “Summer Student Program” in the subject line of your message.
Only the most suitable candidates will be invited for an interview.