DEADLINE HAS EXPIRED
This role is responsible to work in a distributed team environment under the guidance and supervision of senior staff members. The Database Administrator will install and manage SQL Databases, install and upgrade SQL Servers, perform Performance Monitoring and Tuning and participate in troubleshooting of SQL Servers. The Database Administrator will work for maintaining existing systems, assist within development of databases for new applications and implement into production environment the changes done in T-SQL and Delphi code. The DBA will provide specific expertise on Database security and assist in compliance with IT security and governance controls.
This position would be based in Bishkek and may require time to be spent at the Kumtor Mine Site.
To apply for this role you must have knowledge, experience and be able to explain:
• MS SQL, Windows Server and Data Storage optimisation;
• Several disaster situations and the different recovery procedures required for each;
• Detailed methods of performance optimization for large SQL environments;
• SQL security risks and options available to reduce these risks.
It would be beneficial if you have
• A working knowledge of SQL Replication and High Availability solutions;
• Experience with VMWare or Microsoft HyperV.
• Develop and improve the logical and physical database environment;
• Provide optimization, performance monitoring and tuning for all databases;
• Perform SQL Server version upgrades, data and server migrations;
• Responsible for backup and recovery of database server with Business Continuity plans;
• Administer, maintain, develop and implement policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of databases and disaster recovery;
• Co-work with application development team concerning Tables development in accordance with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process:
a) Provide expert level abilities in database analysis, design, development, and enhancement within Business Systems applications;
b) Implement changes approved by Change Management.
• Lead development of technical database projects (upgrade, optimization, data replication, monitoring, etc.), assist with technical issues and resolving obscure or complex issues;
• Work as project team member during end to end life cycle maintenance/development of information systems.
Qualifications and Skills
• Computer Science degree AND/OR at least 2 years experience as Database Administrator;
• Individual is required to have excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English Language.