Centerra Gold Inc. (Centerra) is a Canadian-based gold mining company focused on operating, developing, exploring and acquiring gold properties in North America, Asia and other markets worldwide and is one of the largest Western-based gold producers in Central Asia. Centerra operates two flagship assets, the Kumtor Mine in the Kyrgyz Republic and the Mount Milligan Mine in British Columbia, Canada and now has a third operating gold mine, the 100% owned Öksüt Mine in Turkey. Centerra Gold’s shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the symbol CG. The Company is based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
The Kyrgyz Republic, via Kyrgyzaltyn JSC, is Centerra’s largest shareholder owning 77,401,766 shares.
- Centerra is a leading Canadian-based gold and copper producer, having produced 729,556 ounces of gold and 47.1 million pounds of copper in 2018.
- Major assets include the Kumtor Mine in the Kyrgyz Republic, which has produced more than 12.1 million ounces of gold between 1997 and the end of 2018, the long life, low-cost gold/copper Mount Milligan Mine in British Columbia, Canada, the Öksüt Gold Project in Turkey, which is in construction, the late stage Kemess development project in British Columbia, Canada, the Greenstone development project in Ontario, Canada, the Endako and Thompson Creek primary molybdenum mines in British Columbia, Canada and Idaho, USA, respectively, which are currently on care and maintenance and the Langeloth Metallurgical Facility in Pennsylvania, USA.
- The Company is constructing its third gold mine, the Öksüt Gold Project in Central Anatolia, Turkey, which is expected to be producing gold in the first quarter of 2020.
- We are one of the largest Western-based gold producer in Central Asia with Company-wide estimated proven and probable reserves of 14.2 million ounces of contained gold and 2,465 million pounds of contained copper as at December 31, 2018.
- Kumtor is the largest foreign-owned gold mine in the former Soviet Union.
- Mount Milligan became the first new large mining operation in British Columbia in a generation.
- In January 2013, Centerra became the sole 100% owner of the Öksüt Gold project in Turkey.
- In March 2015, Centerra became a 50/50 Joint Venture partner in the Greenstone Gold Property located in the Geraldton-Beardmore Greenstone belt in Ontario, Canada.
- In October 2016 Centerra acquired Thompson Creek Metals Company Inc., total transaction value of approximately US$1.1 billion.
- In January 2018 Centerra acquired AuRico Metals Inc., total transaction value of approximately US$247 million (C$310 million).
- In June 2018 Centerra sold its gold royalty portfolio for US$155 million and a silver stream on the Kemess Project for US$45 million to Triple Flag Mining Finance Ltd.
- In October 2018, Centerra sold its Mongolian Assets for US$35 million to OZD ASIA PTE Ltd., a private Singapore based company.
- Centerra has exploration properties or has formed promising exploration joint ventures in Canada, Finland, Mexico, Sweden, Turkey and the United States.
- Centerra has allocated approximately $30 million for exploration activities in 2019.
- Read our quarterliesand factsheets for information on Centerra’s performance.